Top Rated General Dentist in Bay Area
A general dentist is your first port of call for any issues relating to your teeth. He will provide you preventive, restorative and cosmetic care. General dentistry covers the oral cavity, maxillofacial area, and the surrounding regions. A general dentist works in close coordination with a hygienist to demonstrate best possible ways to prevent oral diseases. Services provided by a general dentist for primary care:
- Fillings: Fillings can be a variety of materials including, gold, amalgam, porcelain and composite resin. When teeth suffer from cavities, the dentist removes the decay and places the filling inside the tooth. These fillings are durable and prevent loss of teeth.
- Crowns: Crowns reinforce weak teeth and improve esthetics of discolored, misshaped or broken teeth.. They are permanently cemented and are very durable.
- Bridges: Bridge treatment is for missing teeth. It contains an artificial tooth which is fused between two or more crowns. A bridge is a good way to replace missing teeth and improve chewing function and esthetics.
- Root canal treatment: When the decay reaches the nerve and causes pain and infection, the pulp is removed in order to save the tooth. Once a root canal is completed the tooth is restored with a crown to provide a long lasting alternative to an extraction.
- Dentures: If you have quite a few teeth missing, then dentures or partial dentures will help. They are removable false teeth which look and behave in the same way as natural teeth. In some cases they are secured with implants to provide a very solid, stable bite.
- Dental cleanings: Important to prevent gum disease and many other health issues. It involves scaling and polishing. Dental cleanings along with oral hygiene instructions provide the foundation for a healthy, pain free, beautiful smile
- Sealants: Usually done on children, sealants are a very good way of preventing future cavities in back teeth. They are easy to place, done without anesthesia and have been proven to be highly effective.
Benefits of regular dental visits:
- Maintain overall good health
- Improved oral health and hygiene
- Look younger with cosmetic dentistry
- Improved self-esteem
- Prevent oral cancer and cardiovascular diseases
Schedule an appointment with Dr. David M Vierhus for the best preventive, restorative and cosmetic dental care. (408)- 377-3214